My tour to the Right Bank

 The right bank of Paris is the part of the city located east of the Seine and often described as "bling-bling", while the left bank is the part located west of the Seine and often described as more cultural, calmer. The Right Bank is known for being the historic and commercial heart of Paris, home to many famous monuments, lively neighborhoods and cultural institutions. I had the chance to discover in more depth the history of a part of the right bank which is: Avenue Montaigne. Avenue Montaigne is renowned for its luxury boutiques, luxury hotels, chic restaurants and renowned cultural institutions. It is often considered one of the most elegant and exclusive avenues in Paris.

We started our tour of the right bank with the Gucci house, you should know that the DNA of the house is represented by the loop. Then the Dolce & Gabana house was bought by Kering because the group wanted to buy all the major Italian brands. We were able to see the major houses belonging to the LVMH group such as the Spanish brand Loewe and the Italian brand Fendi. You should know that LVMH bought Loro Piana because it failed to buy Hermes, however the two houses have very similar clothing cuts, and both make with cashmere. The magnificent Chanel storefront impressed me a lot, we can notice that the DNA of the house is characterized by: tweed, black and white as well as the pearl necklace. Dior was the first boutique to arrive on Avenue Montaigne, there is also a museum, a restaurant and they innovated by offering a very inaccessible and exclusive suite. For the history of the Givenchy house, Hubert de Givenchy was very furious because his discreet DNA was not respected

Avenue Montaigne is home to several renowned hotels that offer exceptional luxury and service. I was lucky enough to be able to discover the suites of the Georges V palace. During our tour we passed in front of the Plaza Athénée, you should know that this palace became friends with the house of Dior and created a Dior suite. The Plaza Athénée preferred to fire their 3-star chef for a 1-star chef because he knew all the celebrities: a good strategy!

I was really able to extract from this court a more in-depth enrichment about the luxury of Avenue Montaigne. I found this very interesting because even as residents of Paris, I am more used to walking in the 1st arrondissement than in the 8th arrondissement. Thank you so much

Commentaires

  1. I very like the way you describe the DNA of the brands. It is very important to know each identity of each luxury brands and I think you show it perfectly. I also agree with the fact that the left bank is more cultural. Even though there is Le Bon Marché, the clientele is very local. Thank you for sharing your thought about the right bank! I’ve learned some new things.

    RépondreSupprimer

Enregistrer un commentaire