My trip to the Right Bank
The Right Bank of Paris
Paris is known as the city of love. I can’t deny it but in my opinion, Paris is not only the city of love but also the city of fashion and luxury. I’m lucky to live in Paris and be able to discover this incredible city. Even though I was born there, I don't pay much attention to everything in this town, but we never know enough.
Rencently, i took a little trip to the Right Bank of Paris. I visited some famous locations, especially related to fashion and luxury. Indeed, I went to the 8th arrondissement, with Avenue Montaigne and Avenue Champs Elysée. I’ve learned many thing about the history of some brands such as their dna, every brands have their own “identity”, the type of client and how brand attracts people. They all have one goal, is to create “EXPERIENCE” for the client. Dior has created an apartment only accessible to buyers, to make them feel special. By creating experiences, the client will feel exclusive and will want to keep that pride. I’ve also learned that brands tend to install their store in front of their rival. At avenue Montaigne, some brands from LVMH groups open they boutique in front of brand from Kering group. For example Loewe have a store in front of Saint Laurent. This is a good stratgy that is use a lot.
But luxury in Paris is not only the luxurus brands, there is also the gastronomy. You can find many palace in Paris. For example Plaza Athénée, Mandarin Oriental and ten others. Plaza Athénée is known for its influence with celebrities. They serve special food from the french gastronomy. There also luxury real estate such as Emile Garcin. During this journey i’ve learned many thing that I didn’t know before even thought I live there. What surprised me the most, is that there is a whole avenue with a whole different type of person visiting. In fact, the Right Bank compared to the Left Bank, have a huge difference clientele. The Right Bank is more crowded with tourism, blingbling, more famous monuements. Unlike the Left Bank, which is more cultural, intellectuals. But even in the Left Bank, the clientele is different for example, La samaritaine and Le Bon Marché, one has more local customers than the other. But this also happen in the RIght Bank where customers are more demanding in Avenue Montaigne than in Avenue Champ Elysée.
I think thanks to this trip, i’ve got the chance to know more about my city and difference between the banks, even thought it was kind of obvious that a one bank is more touristic than the other but it’s always better to know more than less. I really appreciated this course because i’ve learned a lot and i don’t think it was something i will do on my own without a contexte. Thank you.
Léa Jiang
26INT/B
Hi Léa, I love your blog!
RépondreSupprimerI see you mention the Dior store, it's true that it's sublime, it's so big and the windows are so beautiful.
What's more, we got some great explanations about the two biggest luxury groups: Keering and LVMH, which was very interesting and enlightening.
The place where we went to see the Plaza Athénée was super beautiful, we were able to see it up close and enjoy its architecture. The French menu was tempting to look at, but we preferred to observe from the outside.
Like you, I came away from this experience with lots of new things to learn, which only surprised me during this outing!